[ SHOWGSD-L ] Aggression

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:29:44 -0700 (PDT)

 "Aggression"  An abstract noun which according to Webster's Collegiate
Dictionary, 10th ed.
  1: a forceful action or procedure( as an unprovoked attack) when intended to
dominate or master, 2:the practice of making attacks or encroachments. 3:
hostile, injurious, or destructive behavior or outlook esp. when caused by
frustration
  "Aggressive" adjective...1: tending toward or exhibiting aggression b: marked
by a combative readiness~fighter 2: marked by obtrusive energy b: marked by
driving forceful energy or initiative, enterprising~ salesman 3:strong or
emphatic in effect or intent....and my favorite number 4: more
severe,intensive, or comprehensive than usual......as for why folks do
protection work or join clubs like the WDA and others...well I try not to lump
folks into groups as to why they do things...why do people show dogs?...I could
make an argument that it does more harm than good ( I don't believe that but I
could still made a good argument)...aggression is not necessarily a bad
thing...and as breeds of dogs...German Shepherds are an aggressive breed...like
it or not...Ed