[ SHOWGSD-L ] Aggression

  • From: ParavelGS@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showlist)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:14:42 +0000

"No German Shepherd is for the faint of heart!!!!  I have had to tell people
that
they must destroy their dogs because they did not take on the roll of leader
when the dog was young.  German Shepherds are way too intelligent to fool
around
with.  Yes, she is lucky it was only her, but she brought it on herself as you
indicated and she got what she worked for.  A dog in control."
I know not everyone gets cable TV, but a few weeks ago on the National
Geographic channel they had a marathon (several hours) of "The Dog Whisperer".
I was really impressed with how he handled dogs, especially aggressive ones.  I
watched today as he dealt with an akita and her mixed breed son that a couple
had rescued who were dog aggressive and the akita wouldn't let the owner brush
her.  Cesar's approach was all about being the pack leader, how you teach the
dog that your are the dominant one.  Very interesting!   Even better, his
methods seemed to work very well. Has anyone else seen the show?

Sheri