[ SHOWGSD-L ] Aggessive Bitch

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:43:05 -0400

It is obvious to me that the youngster is challenging the oldster for the
number one spot in the household.  Without really knowing the bloodlines, it's
hard to tell what to do.  I can see both sides:  Rule #1 here is that everyone
gets along or you go.  People have told me that it's impossible for bitches to
get along--not true.  I have 6 bitches--they are together and they get along
great.  They don't fight and they don't growl.  But it is apparent who is in
charge and who isn't.  Becca and Angel co-exist as number ONE.  Then there's
Witchy, who loves everybody  and Andi the flatcoat--ditto.  Deli and Jeddie are
at camp at Ann's, but they are lovers, too.  Gump, my only male, think he's in
HEAVEN with this harem.
IF someone was acting in an aggressive way, I'd pick her up by the sides of her
face and yell "NO" in my big, booming voice.  If this didn't work, she'd have
to leave the pack, because she just didn't understand and fit in.  I've done it
this way for 20 years.  The 10 years before that were filled with "accidental"
fights, attempted separations, getting bitten--NO MORE---I am too old for that.
I think temperament is hereditary and CAN BE influenced by environment.  Good
luck.
Penny in NY