[ SHOWGSD-L ] Again Mixed Breeds

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:50:55 -0500

Hi All;
Can I please get you all to use the right terminology when referring to the
Mixed Breed Canine Partner Listing. It is not a registration , it is a LISTING
and all you get when you LIST your MIX BREED is a "CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION "
that you have LISTED them with the Program and that they can compete for a
PERFORMA NC TITLE.

They ask on the form it the dogs are spayed or neutered and yes my Nicky is
neutered. Also, when I put an ILP on Sheba, I was
asked if she was altered, but I was never asked for proof with that Listing
either.

All of you on this list are making more of this then Obedience folks I know in
Clubs and this was a decision that was asked for by the
Delegates of the Member Clubs of AKC of which there are close to 600.

The Delegates are the body of the AKC and the Board did what the Delegates
wanted. So, if you do not want to compete against the
Mixed Breeds do not go to Trails that are opened to them., it is that simple.
Also, if you want your voices heard, join a member Club
where you can influence your Delegate with reasons that you want them to vote
no on purposal. By the way, GSDCA Delegate voted
in favor of allowing  the Mix Breeds to participate in Trails at Shows if the
Clubs wished to offer them entry.

And also, to easy all your worries, if some idiot breeds they Mix Breed, they
can not be REGISTERED with AKC.

Like I have said before and I will say again, if we do not all start sticking
together, wether you own a Mutt or a Champion, the
AR's will have their way and take away our rights to own dogs.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.