[ SHOWGSD-L ] After holiday tending camp in Texas

  • From: SUSAN SULLIVAN <susan-sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ShowgsdL <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:13:28 -0800 (PST)

Eunice Gerloff is again hosting a sheep tending camp December 27-Jan 2.  Bring
your dog to work off all those holiday calories and learn about our breed's
original occupation for the new year!       Eunice's facilities are great, she
has lots of sheep and lots of different areas to work your dog as well as a
chance to escape the winter blues.  She holds a number of AKC, AHBA, and USBCA
(BC trials maybe not that exact organization) trials there throughout the
course of the year as well as different clinics.
     If you are interested in doing C course or HGH this is the type of sheep
herding you and your dog need to learn.  It is also a very relaxing, calm, and
beautiful way to manage livestock and the GSD is the Cadillac of the tending
breeds.  The clinic is open to beginners as well as experienced handlers but
limited to 7 dogs per day so that everyone will have the opportunity to work a
couple times a day.  You can enter one day or all days, but there will be a
discount for those entered all days.  There are plenty of sheep and plenty of
areas to work more than one dog at a time.
    I've worked dogs in tending since 1990.  I've competed successfully with my
own dogs winning both AKC trials and HGH.  I have coached handlers that have
successfully earned all AKC titles, HT through HX,  and HGH.

If you are interested in working your dog or just coming out to spectate and
see what tending is all about contact myself (firethorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) or
Eunice at  egtxranch@xxxxxxx .  She also has a website www.endgateranch.com

Hope to see you there
Susan