[ SHOWGSD-L ] Affects Of The ARO's

  • From: "RivendellP" <RivendellP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:04:08 -0400

Hiya all...

1st of all for those of you who don’t know me (I’ve been offa “Da List” for a
while)...I have fought the ARO & ARA for some 30 years. I have tried to educate
myself & others about the true tenets of their movement & their ideology. I
have worked & written on a national level, worked with & through private
foundations, & groups like the AKC, NAIA, & our PClub. It has been a passion &
a “life’s work” situation por moi! If you were to say...”Oh his poor
wife!”...you would be correct.

The ARA and its minions (the ARO’s) are one of the greatest threats...no the
greatest threat to the breeding & ownership of pure bred dogs on the planet. I
approached that single topic issue 30 years ago when I began my quest to stop
them...or as Evan would say...”There’s Paul Quixote tilting at windmills
again!” 30 years ago I walked the halls of the CA Legislature lobbying the
legislators to vote down Prop 164...a statewide leash & dog care law sponsored
by Tom Hayden (D) from Santa Monica. We thought we had succeeded but the bill
passed due to Republican support on a party line vote. It was an “unfunded
mandate” tho and literally unenforceable in CA. It did open the ARA door in the
State and a coalition of State sponsored ARO’s had a paid lobbyist working agin
us! Her name was Virginia and I wrote an article re a comment she made to the
CA Senate committee...”Even One litter is too, many!” That was their battle cry
30 years ago and it remains the same today.

Today, however, they are far more sophisticated and well funded than Virginia &
her coalition. I have seen them invade every possible category that involves
animals & their owners...right down to blaming “Global Warming” on animal
owners...I will list the “Animal Rights Agenda” for you to see and you can make
your own conclusion how successful they have become.

THE ANIMAL RIGHTS AGENDA

1.. Abolish all animal research.

2.. Abolish all product testing, dissection, or demonstrations on animals.

3.. Encourage ‘vegetarianism’ for ethical, ecological, and healing reasons.

4.. Phase out all forms of ‘animal agriculture’…i.e. the growing of animals
for food.

5.. Abolish all pesticides and any form of predator control.

6.. Transfer the enforcement of animal welfare legislation from the
Department of Agriculture to a new agency created for the protection of animals
and the environment.

7.. Abolish all trapping and fur ranching.

8.. Abolish all ‘hunting and fishing’ for sport!

9.. Save the rain forests and ban all international trade in wildlife or
goods produced from exotic animals.

10.. Abolish all breeding of pet or companion animals…especially purebred or
pedigreed dogs or cats!

11.. Abolish the use of animals in sports, entertainment, zoo’s, rodeos,
coursing, or aquariums.

12.. Prohibit the production of genetically manipulated transgenic animals.

Agenda # 10 was what first caught my attention but you can see how far they
have come since I first saved this ARA...30 years ago. Owning a “pure bred” dog
from a breeder has almost become an unmentionable scourge. If you go to a local
dog park the PC conversation seems to turn to what “Rescue Group” you adopted
your rescue (no longer dogs) from? Dog Parks are yet another concoction by
ARO’s. You can no longer walk your dogs freely due to leash laws so you feel
forced to go to a dog park where dogs interact badly on a daily basis.

If you go down the ARA step by step you can see for yourselves how intertwined
the ARA has become in our lives. Yes Stormy...”Meatless Monday’s” are not
required but go back to suggestions made in the elementary school publications
“Junior Scholastic” & “Weekly Reader” in the early 80’s. It mirrors ARA step 3,
no? Yes Stormy...Rodeo’s & the Circus still exist but far fewer than in the
past and their demise can be directly attributed to Step 11 of the ARA. Prop 2
in CA stems from Step 4 of the ARA and the current administration is “Paying
Hunters & Fishermen” NOT to renew their licenses...um that would be Step 8 of
the ARA? Assault on furriers and their ranches by the ADL...Step 7 and Step 6
of the ARA is easily associated with the ALDF and their attempt to attain
“personhood” for primates and eliminate the term “owner” when it comes to
animals. They seem to have gotten the memo as well.

I still want to wage the good fight...but I am tired of “tilting at windmills”.
We are baby steps passed our efforts when I began it all 30 years ago. I see
Jen, Stormy, & John suggesting the same solutions that were offered
before...often...and never tried. I tried to form a breed & all breed club
coalition 20 years ago but the then Prez of the PClub patted me on the head and
said we would address those concerns...”Down the road” if the time was right.
My heart breaks for all of you who care enough to do something. I have
testified before 9 different State Legislatures as an individual associated
with 1 group plus the AKC and done some good. Imagine how much more stature
such testimony would be worth if I could say I represented a coalition of 150
clubs all in the same right mind? Add to that efforts of a group like
change.org and its association with 150 clubs. Now you’re talking and would
likely talk to the same press the NY Chimp Trial attorney’s were talking to.

Juz some Sunday morning musings from Northern Georgia...

Paul