[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Acronyms for Terry

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:19:22 -0800 (PST)

I'm saving these emails in a file for educatonal puposes, Mainly mine :0)

  Ok 2 questions. Who is our RALIEF contact for the Pacific Northwest? Who is
the contact person for the Southwest region?

  Terry
Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:
  American Canine Foundation (ACF) is a non-profit, NOT the non-profit type
that can't lobby BECAUSE ACF is FORMED to litigate, lobby and whatever it
takes.
It was formed in Washington state and has had successes in fighting, in the
courts, anti-dog legislation. Here's their website.
http://www.americancaninefoudationlaw.com/

If I get any of these next acronyms wrong, I KNOW I'll be corrected :-)
ADOA (American Dog Owners' Association
RPOA (Responsible Pet Owners' Association
SAOVA (DArn, I forget, but it's based in Virginia and did a great job on the
LAST Paws attempt. Remember, that IS coming back)
CFoDC (California Federation of Dog Clubs) was quite active several years
ago, but discord and dissent splintered and defused. I am hoping that they
are all bandaged back up. There are new people becoming involved and I am for
ANY group that can gather the people quickly and efficiently. My hope STILL
Is with CFA, and while letters, Lots and lots of letters, are going forth
immediately to YOUR California Representative, clubs will financially support
CFA
which is already in the Courts litigating against the state of California, Los
Angeles County and other locales in California.

Californians can help by locating any corporation (MONEY) that is friendly to
our cause and encourage them to back CFA and to lend their support to them.
I am checking to see who the lobbyist is in Sacramento from CFA (PAUL?), but
the action will come from groundswell opposition and MONEY.

Now there is a coalition between the Parent Clubs of the Rottweiler and the
Dobermans. We have approached them (RALEEF member) about joining their
coalition, and they have responded favorably. Now for the other 'hundreds' of
parent clubs.

Stormy Hope
South Pacific Region Representative
RALEEF
GSDCA Member
In a message dated 2/25/07 10:52:06 AM, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Ok guys I need names with the alphabet soup labels you use What is ACF?? I
> really don't know.
>   Terry

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com