[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Accusations /GAZETTE

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kim McNamara" <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:34:48 -0600

 This month's AKC Gazette proved again to be a wellspring of interesting
articles. I don't know David Fritsche personally(only by e-mail)..but his
insight into the sport of purebred dogs hits the nail on the head. He
touches on some points that indirectly have to do with this "accusation"
thread..although the overall tone of his article is about "winning" and
"losing"...no matter what aspect of this sport you are involved in,
showing, breeding,stud dogs..you cannot take from it the human element..and
competition does not always bring out the best in people. David column can
be found in the "Breed" columns section. thank you David for writing a very
truthful article about the sport of showing dogs!Along with his,,there is
an interesting article as to why some breeds are more difficult to breed
than others...worth reading, especially since I belive that the GSD is one
that is difficult to breed because it requires many traits to come
together, ie,shoulder,pastern angle, correct proportions, a rectangular
body style with  no softness in back, croup angle, anglulation of the
rear.and good character and temperament I could go on and on.but you get
the picture.Again, this article, plus David's and I am certain some other I
haven't gotten to you make for a good read on a cold winter's day!
Christine Grainger

List.
> > But......you can call me wrong, fat, lazy, old, ugly, a no talent, or
late for dinner,
> > but I DO RESENT being called DISHONEST as I try desperately not to be.
> > Sally Bazzell made this statement below inferring my dishonesty on the
List.