[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: /About the CA Meat Recall:

  • From: "sally" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:20:14 -0600

I am guessing that these ass holes were herding cattle with a forklift and
broke some legs. The whole thing is enough to make me stop eating meat and I
am the biggest meat eater you will ever find. I have the cholesterol count
to prove it.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Terry
  I do not know what the situation is in California but I saw 2 seconds of
the video and had to leave the room-

We raise black angus and sell meat privately to people for their freezers-

A downed cow is not necessarily a sick cow-
cows have hip dysplasia
break legs falling
we had one get out and get hit by a car broke her leg

Many things happen --- to make a downed cow

When we take cows in the inspector must be standing right there watching
everything (legally)  but in fact the may be talking and having coffee.There
is a vast shortage of inspectors . The last group we took in the date had to
be changed because the inspector was sick  and there wasn't another

So this meat was not necessarily bad -
But the treatment of the cattle was horrific

sally