[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: /About the CA Meat Recall:

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 06:55:50 -0800 (PST)

Where are you coming up with the time line. Everything that I have heard is
that the beef hit the market 2 years ago. If the cows being miss treated are
the cows that they are talking about then the video had to be 2 years old at
least. If that is not the case then this whole story is a bunch of made up
crap, except the part of the animals being miss treated. I am guessing that
these ass holes were herding cattle with a forklift and broke some legs. The
whole thing is enough to make me stop eating meat and I am the biggest meat
eater you will ever find. I have the cholesterol count to prove it.

  If you visited one of the dairy farms around AZ you might give up mike too.
Talk about stink!!!

  Terry who was raised on a farm and knows that you don't have to treat animals
this way.
Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:
  For clarity's sake, I was objecting to the grandstanding of their
investigation. If they were so concerned with the health and welfare of the
cows and
the American public, why didn't they blow the whistle with the First or Second
or THIRD downed cow. They waited 3 weeks, then another week, then came out
with the headlines.

A typical H$U$ event, and it had to do with their "headlines", I will bet
bottom dollar.

I don't know about the slaughter houses....I was not there.

Stormy
In a message dated 2/19/08 6:01:58 PM, rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Instead of immediately jumping on everything the HSUS does, why not jump on
> those things they do that are inapropriate. In this case they are right from
> both the health regulation and animal welfare point of view. I do not
> believe it is ethical to treat animals they way these were before butchering
> them.
> And yes, I eat meat.
> Ruth

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)