[ SHOWGSD-L ] About doubling

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:16:09 EST

So what would happen if a terrier person is caught doubling their dog with
their little mouse toys?

Or the poodle person doubling with the can of hair spray (true  story)?

And what if people are doubling dogs in every ring?  Is the entire  show
going to be stopped???

I agree with Christine that MANY people need to learn to double  correctly.
I am always intrigued by what the dogs are thinking when their  owners are
running around and creating havoc, like real maniacs. "Boy, I trained  my owner
right...... hehehe".

It is part of training your dogs to show to get their attention with the
minimum amount of effort, and it is only sportsmanlike to do this without
interfering or disturbing those other dogs showing in your ring, or the ring
next
to you. Or running over other people. Or making everyone deaf with the  horns
and bells some people use.

A suggestion:  teach your dog to play hide and seek. Then all the  handler
has to say is " find them!!" and that dog will be alert. It works, trust  me.

So, get with the program, and do unto others.......if you don't know the
rest of this sentence, there is part of the problem.

And next time ANYONE puts their hands on you without your invite, call the
police. Let them sort it out.

Ileana