[ SHOWGSD-L ] About Ginny Collins

  • From: DstnGSD1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:52:51 EST

It took several days for me to bring myself to write a note about our  recent
loss of Virginia Collins. I met the Collins in the early eighties when I
brought a bitch down to breed to their wonderful Vax Dog. I was kinda turned
off
to club scene having had some bad experiences as a youth, although I kept
abreast of who was winning and made it a point to see the best dogs. Bill and
Ginny Collins are so knowledgeable and they made us feel so welcomed we  soon
became friends. They always made time for us answering all my silly  questions
and offering good advice. When I was critical of clubs and  conformation
people, he said you can't help if you don't participate. It got so  when we
would
show up Ginny would put on a pot of coffee and Bill would clear  the table,
They knew it was going to be a long visit. Bill was very busy then  being
President of the GSDCA.they always had time for us and really anyone who
needed
help. Quite different then now, Mary recently asked a question of a board
member
his reply don't know don't care! I believe Ginny had the Quickest  and best
eye. I treasure the times we would all sit ringside at the  National and they
and other Pillars of the breed would critique the dogs. WOW  what knowledge! At
a recent National one of my club members asked why do spend  so much time with
those old guys? I replied Because the are still dropping those  pearls of
wisdom and if your real lucky I'll remember them and drop them on you!  Well, I
ramble I guess I just wanted to say "They threw away the mold" and yes  She
will be missed very very much! Regretfully Jim  York