[ SHOWGSD-L ] AWESOME National !!!!!!!!!

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:29:04 EDT

Just got home from a long but very very nice week.

We started off Wednesday morning with Ch Melana's Orion being awarded the
very first  Amateur Futurity Victor with Rickey White handling him. Orion  is
out of Killy and Ch Melana's Pandemonium's first litter.

Then on Thursday in a large quality packed class of 12-18 bitches, Melana's
Shakira who is out of Killy and Panda's second litter went 2nd and her half
sister Shoal Creek's Sangria v Barick who is out of Killy and Ch Megan O'Shea
of  Heinerberg, went 3rd. It was fantastic watching those 2 girls strut their
stuff  and do so well at their first National.

That afternoon, Melana-Greenwood's Maya out of Killy and Panda's first
litter, competed in another large quality packed Am Bred class. Even though she

was 6th in line, we couldn't be prouder of her. She showed beautifully and  had
a blast and made all the cuts right up to the end.

Thanks to Judge Bob Kish for placing our lovely Killy daughters and thanks
to those at ringside for the wonderful support and comments on them.

Saturday was the most stressful day of all. We showed for the first time in
the Nationals as a Special. Thank you Ed Barritt for placing our boy.

Our Killy is now Sel Ch Greenwood's Achilles TC OFA and he's our first
Select. Not sure when I or my co owner Peggy Kurz will  start breathing and  be
able to talk again <g> . We screamed his name so much , I am not  sure if I
even
want to call him in the house. Thanks to everyone for their  overwhelming
support and wonderful comments on our guy. We are a bit overwhelmed  ourselves
at
the moment. I could not have asked him to show any better. He just  moved like
a dream the whole time and never let up. Yeah, I still get teary  thinking
about it and he had a blast !

We spent a great week with friends and meeting new people. If you haven't
met Jennifer Root's Dad and brother...you need to. They are pretty cool. As
usual Frank and Kris Fassano put on a great party with lots of good food, great

people and an intense puppy match ! Even if Killy and his kids hadn't done so
well, it still would have been a great week.

Denise  Groenewald
President GSDC of North Georgia
Editor of The Guardian, GSDC of  Atlanta Monthly newsletter
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)