[ SHOWGSD-L ] ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIPS

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:07:41 -0400

On the subject of associate memberships, i have to say that whatever works to
get people involved in our breed and our sport and regional clubs thats what
it's all about.
I tried to change the by-laws in our regional club to accept associate
memberships which i could only see the benefit for our club and for the people
who were unable to attend meetings  due to work or distance. I felt it was a
win win situation, however a small group got together and wouldn't even hear of
it and defeated the change. Said we were supporting people to not attend
meetings in doing that. Rather small minded i thought, but long story short we
didn't get to allow associate memberships and it's our loss i feel. We have
lost the capability of giving people a sense of belonging..........camraderie
with our members at events and we have lost workers and financial support we
could have gained.  So i feel if a club chooses to have associate memberships
they are only promoting the breed, sport and clubs all that much more and more
power to ya!!

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com