[ SHOWGSD-L ] ARO/Pauls comments

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "the list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:39:37 -0800

Paul Respectfully, I do have two questions:

 1.)  Why does it matter if Hunte is a member of the GSDCA as it relates to
our fighting the ARO?  Hunte makes a significant income brokering puppies.
Hunte has a vested interest to fight  the ARO.  He will fight them with
legal backing regardless of GSDCA membership acceptance, he has millions of
dollars at stake.

Paul answers....Linda...thank you for the question. You could change the
name to Roote Corp and it would make no difference. The person responsible
for this debacle is Andrew Hunte. He wanted to join the GSDC of A as a
private member and based on by-laws...Hunte the man could not be kept out.

I listened to his presentation. I listened very, very closely. I heard him
say things about his venue no one has ever said before re elevating
standards...etc. That said...as I posted earlier today...we as Hobby
Breeders condemn him and will not try and be a part of the solution. Hunte
is responsible for the sale of 1,000,000 puppies per year out of the
6,000,000 that are sold. I do not nor never have...subscribe to anyone who
raises dogs for sale in sub standard conditions or with no care to
responsible breeding practices. He spoke words that let me believe his
standards were different. (But...as I posted before to the post you
responded to) No one is interested in helping...only condemning and
crucifiying. (which I have some 1st class knowledge of) This is not a new
position for me but it is an agreed and responsible position  to those on
the higher eschelons of the fights with the ARO's. It's not popular but it
is an alternative compared to the other alternative of no companion animals
due to the continued successes of the ARO Juggernaugt against the sport of
pure bred...or any bred dogs, cats, ferrets, canaries, or black mamba's. Why
couldn't we join together to fight our real enemies?

 2.)  Being a member of the GSDCA gives HIM credibility, not vice versa.
Allowing him membership into the GSDCA gives ARO more ammunition to back
their beliefs that breeders are bad.  We would only set an example that
could be used us as a negative.  Do we need headlines showing his puppy
mills and GSDCA affiliation to further ARO's cause?
Paul again...Sadly it does give him some credibility but how could we
legally keep him out? The by-laws state he only needed to be a member in
good standing with the AKC, 18 or over, and pay his dues. He "didn't" ask to
join as Hunte Corp!!! I will not speak about the reasons I heard before the
vote of why he could not be voted in...but I smelled no brimstone when he
spoke, his tongue was not forked, he had shoes not hooves, and...no tail.

Do you Linda...or any of you that have known me for over 20 years think I
would want this pain to come down on me...or better yet...a person that is
so diametrically opposed to my own philosophy of breeding quality animals to
become a member of my club? After the vote...I hoped the vote would be no
and it almost was. After that and the No's came out it was brutal at best
for the Yes voters no matter their reasons. I took the attacks quite
personally and from some that have been my friends and acquaintances for
many, many years...many irreparable.

As to him showing his puppy that is not up to us or the members of the GSDC
of A. It is up to Mr. Hunte and his handlers. The ARO's are loving it but
not for the reason I think you suggest. They love it because they see we are
still a "house divided" that THEY have divided. That does not mean for a
moment that I condone activities we have all seen in past exposé's of Puppy
Mills with animals living in their own feces, bitches being bred season
after season, and sick puppies being offered for sale.

The ARO's have amped up many things that just aren't true. We...try  to play
with a straight deck while they have no problem stacking a deck in so many
ways. Pet Over Population is a prime example. Do you know how many shelters
are importing dogs from other states, counties, Puerto Rico, and Mexico in
order to provide dogs for adoption? Do you know that the majority of animals
euthanized in shelters are feral cats that have never had a human touch? 80%
of all Pure Bred dogs in shelters are taken and fostered by pure bred
rescues and the other 20% are dogs that are unsuitable for rescue due to
illness, age, or temperament problems. I used to walk the halls of the
shelters picking the ones our rescue would take so I do have that
experience...and one I would never want again. Every time Dawn posts my
heart goes right back to the Oakland AC and me saying..."I can't scrape him
off of the side of the run...He's not adoptable...and yes...he was a pure
bred GSD.

I would love for the debate to go well beyond Andrew Hunte and Hunte Corp.
Mr. Hunte the man who has been showing dogs since 1974 and has 2 GSD's
sleeping by his bed is not too different than many of the rest of us. Mr.
Hunte of Hunte Corp is the Devil to most and has no redeemable value at all.
Herein lies the schism so well established by the ARO's and fanned by our
own.

Paul Root the dog owner wants to see him make positive, productive, and good
changes in the way commercial breeders do business...and ally with us
against those who WILL take your dogs away. Paul Root the Board member will
participate in the conference call on the 27th and once again...vote.

Paul