[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AOE/herding HT PT

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx>, <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:41:51 -0700

You are right of course Debbie.
Herding Tested requires that the dog has so much time to move the sheep in a
figure eight....change
direction right and left......and stop and hold for a couple of seconds before
the sheep are penned.
It is pretty simple and basic........but still not always that easy.     Not
every dog will herd and not every
dog will do these requirements as they are never able to be controlled  when
around sheep.
I'm not positive but I don't believe Herding Instinct Certified is considered a
"training title"......so much
as a 'test' to see if your dog has any herding instinct......as some dogs
simply do not........

MANY of us as owners do not have herding instinct....... and cannot train for
sheep......and would not
qualify for even an HIC......  <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com