[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AOE/herding HT PT

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:58:54 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/2009 9:49:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx writes:
HIC is a  Herding Instinct Test and it is as you said, one trip in a pen
with  sheep to see if your dog has instinct. The HT is a Herding tested and
has
some work and control and does take 2 legs to achieve and trust me, they
all can  not do it.....LOL
Deb

Well, I'm not sure which one I did with Whoopi and Rags but I sure
wouldn't want to go in that ring with the sheep without some kind of obedience
control on the dog.  I remember having to give the dog a command to down  and
if you haven't worked a dog previously there's no way that dog is going to
go down.  It was really fun to see the light bulb turn on in their brain
when they realized "hey, I can handle this, I know what to do".

Tish

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823322x1201398723/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
=JulystepsfooterNO115)