[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AOE & Rally

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 07:17:35 EDT

I have a confession to make.  I'm sitting here in my office and  it's
really the only room in the house where I keep doggy plaques, trophies  etc.
I've had some success in the performance arena and I'm proud of  it.

You know what brought on my biggest case of nerves??????

THE CGC I PUT ON MY FIRST PERFORMANCE PUPPY!!!!!!

OMG I couldn't sleep the night before.  I must have checked that I had  her
info in the car (rabies cert etc.) at least a dozen times. I'm sure I got
to  the match site two hours early. Not only  that, I must have been the
WORST  handler in the world by the time we went to novice ob.  I drilled and
drilled and drilled the exercises.  Let me publicly apologize to that dog!
BUT I was hooked.  Every weekend I was at a show or a match.  Tuesdays  and
Thursdays I was moving jumps and ring gates to different parks. I  bought
every book, met a lot of pros.

18 months later that gal had her UD.

I just can't stand it when folks discount "certificates" and "baby
titles".

I think back to one of our annual meetings when I watched a newbie get
crushed.  An offhanded remark was made to another member whose dog had
finished, in reference to dual titles, "just throw a Rally or Herding title on
the
dog".  The newbie was sitting at my table and I saw her face.  All  of a
sudden, the plaque she would later receive for one of the "baby" titles  later
in the evening wasn't as important.  The time and effort she'd put in  w/
her dog, their accomplishments....discounted.  I was so ashamed that  she'd
heard the thoughtless member.

So today, sitting here, looking at the plaques for the dual titles, win
pics from dogs finishing, trophies for this or for that, I am struck by what
was  the hardest to get was that old, framed CGC certificate.

I am blown away that our PC would do anything to change the AOE
requirements.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 7/26/2009 8:41:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,