[ SHOWGSD-L ] A.O.E./ Mom's Day

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 16:04:53 EDT

CONGRATULATIONS! Carolyn and Bo!    GV is hardly just a BOB;  neither is
BIS, just a BOB.  However, being awarded a BOB is worthy of  congratulations
as well; each is an achievement and should be supported by  those of us who
engage in such activities.  You (generic) do not belittle a  CD award, just
because you (generic) have achieved an UDX on your dog.  You  encourage and
support and congratulate them, it does not diminish your UXD,  when someone
is bragging on a CD does it?  I agree with you, we  all should support the
efforts that are behind all the awards that our  dogs achieve.  Some people
believe that some are greater than others,  that is okay, it is their opinion.
I believe that anytime we work hard and  spend time and money to achieve
awards on our dogs it is all good!  I  have yet to see one award become more
important by the diminishment  of another one!  Quite frankly, that in my
opinion is bad  sportsmanship...I think some people are silly, other people
might not think that  way.  Again CONGRATULATIONS and Well done!   Pauline

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds:Member-GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - Best In Show
AKC JAM/AOE/BISS  CH Ropaja's Chateau Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS AKC CH Ropaja's
Chateau Beaulieu  OFA HIC; Our future: AKC CH. Ropaja's Je Suis Fleur De
Lis; AKC PTD  Ropaja's Je Suis Gabrielle.

From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  A.O.E./ Mom's Day
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 10:35:23 -0700

Friday night we  were reminded by two different  friends that there was a
Temperament Test
going on reasonably local and that the test had not filled up yet and that
we could probably get in.
We drove down early to get there early to enter  "BO"    Yesterday I got my
Mother's Day present.
<  G  >
Now she is........: U.S. Grand Victrix Select Excellent A.O.E. Mar  Haven's
Black Orchid T.C., H.T.
YAAAA AAAAY!!
For those who think going  Grand Victor or Grand Victrix is just another
B.O.B......well.....ya had to be  there!!!
< BIG G>
To earn some of the prestigious  titles offered by the German Shepherd Dog
Club of America.....a TRUE  HONOR!!
To hear Ben Bigornia & others chanting A.O.E. when you complete  that
special AOE award and are walking off
the field........pure love of  fellow GSD people who know what an honor it
is and support each other at these  events.
They are 'the frosting on the cake' .  Congratulations to all  the others
who received their T.C.    Great dogs with
great  owners!
We thank the Diablo Valley, German Shepherd Dog Club,  Inc. for  putting on
the Temperament Test.   They are
getting hard to  find.......and they take work and travel by quite a few
people..... ...including  the two evaluators who
worked together all day yesterday.
ALL of these  titles take work from our Parent Club, and our local Clubs.
 We all  really need to be supportive
of our struggling clubs and our Parent Club who  make  these 'bonuses'
available to us.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com