[ SHOWGSD-L ] AOE

  • From: helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx
  • To: marina1@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:03:34 -0400

With your permission Ann, I have saved your post.? It is exactly why I want
Rally Novice to continue.? For the record, I have always wanted Rally Novice as
did Jane Kerner.? I had absolutely no knowledge that Rally and AOE was going to
be discussed at this board meeting.? I was never contacted about my views or my
thoughts.? The discussion was brought up under "obedience" and not under "AOE"
as it should have been.? I have requested that the Board dismiss this decision
since it was presented without the comittee chair's knowledge or permission and
be re-scheduled for another time.
Helen Franklin
AOE Chair (last I looked)

Msg: #4 in digest
From: "Ann Solt" <marina1@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: AOE
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:45:10 -0400

Helen, Ann, Doris,

I feel I have to weigh in on this too.? Rally afforded ME, the owner, the
opportunity to get into that ring with my dog have some fun and get that
finishing title.? I didn't have to send the dog away perhaps once again with
someone else to get a herding title or a schutzhund title or have someone
else on the end of the lead finish the job!.

In the majority of cases, the owner is not the one who gets the "Ch." title
and obviously not the one who gets the "Select" title, but with Rally the
owner can be the ONE who puts that finishing title on his/her "best buddy"
and have a blast doing it.

Believe me, it wasn't Capri who couldn't do the other things it was ME and I
tried it all (agility, obedience, herding, schutzhund)... .and all those who
know me know that I was and WILL forever be just DREADFULl!??? However, I
was determined not to send my dog away with some stranger somewhere in this
country to prove she could "work".?? What a thrill it was when Rally came
along and I could get that Rally title with MY dog!?? WE were the TEAM!
Capri was happy too, finally it was she and I in that ring together!

Does anyone really think our dogs can't work!?? It's the owners not the
dogs!?? I am so sorry for any other? owner, who like me do not posess the
necessary "performance" skills, the "time" or in my case the "courage" to
acquire those skills,? never have that same thrill completing your dog's
"AOE" title.

Now, it appears if I ever want another "AOE" title, once again I MUST leave
it to some other "expert"? to get that job done.? Once again my job as the
owner will be limited to "just writing another check" to prove to the GSD
world my dog can work!.

What a BUMMER!

Ann Solt