[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AOE

  • From: "Ann Solt" <marina1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Doris E" <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 18:52:33 -0400

Doris,
I did.  Remember there are not that many sheep here in the populated East
coast.  I had to travel to find a teacher and it was therefore very very
expensive for 1/2 hour or one hour lessons.  Capri had the instinct, I did not.
 I was always in the wrong place and the sheep knew it.  I was spending more $$
on training for me than the "Select" title!   Therefore again my choice was to
send her away to be "trained" and trialed by a sheepherding  "expert"
Remember people just like our handlers the owners must do their homework to
pick a reputable trainer.  I saw personally some of the conditions in which
some of these so called trainers kept their dogs and believe me their training
methods even to a "novice" like me was UNACCEPTABLE!!

Sorry NO THANKS!   NO title is worth it.

And besides the sheep poop stunk~
Ann