[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ANOTHER PIX ADDED TO THE BLOG

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: jolingsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:50:40 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/2007 1:18:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jolingsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I was  just on a GSD website, and I swear all the moving shots where  =
awful!
All but one where moving from the elbow! Why would people put  these =
pictures
on their site??? I know it has been talked about  before, and I have even =
had
some argue with me which is correct! I  have been told "as long as the =
foot
comes to the end of the nose"  <G>

I think there needs to be a lesson in  this.

I agree.  Trouble is, you CAN have a bad pic of a dog who can move  correctly
or a dog who doesn't open up from the shoulder and if all you have is  the
picture and the picture is  bad, you don't know which it is; a really  awful
shot of a good dog, perhaps strung up when the photo was taken, or a dog  who
doesn't open up.

I know a lot of people don't know "correct" or they wouldn't spend all the
money they do using pics that are bad (a dog moving from the elbow) or proudly
posting moving shots to the internet.

Ed used to do a presentation w/ a dog with moving parts cut out of
plywood...maybe he still has it...

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds