[ SHOWGSD-L ] ANNOUNCEMENT - List Party Details - Back from the Abyss

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:23:24 -0400

Listers:

It is astounding how we take the details of our daily existence for granted
!  Last week everything here for me and my family was turned inside out by
Wilma ....  we have had no power since - until today.  We had damage to our
house, to our fences, to our screens, to my husband's car (a big piece of a
tree fell on it), have had no electricity or running water or phone or
Internet or gasoline since.  Fortunately, no humans or animals here were
harmed, and we did have a generator so were able to have a few bits of
comfort (i.e. microwave, a few lights, one TV) when we were able to use it.
Since there was no power out there in the world, the gas stations were all
closed, so no way to drive anywhere or to get more gas for the generator
other than what we had stockpiled.  Not fun, but we are thankful - the
weather once the storm passed was wonderful, which was a huge blessing.
Cool, dry, and comfortable, so no mold, no need for A/C.  It made it all the
more apparent how those in LA and MISS suffered after Katrina.....!!!
Thanks so much for the prayers and well-wishes from those who sent them !!

Now, for the good news.  The List Party Committee has been actively working
on pulling details together for the Party in my absence, and there WILL BE A
PARTY FOR SURE.

LIST PARTY DETAILS:

*       Date - Thurs, Nov. 3
*       Time - Immediately following the GSDCA Membership Annual Meeting
*       Location (Tentative): TROUTMAN'S BARBEQUE RESTAURANT. 4751 Highway
49 N, Concord, NC   NOTE: This is RIGHT UP THE ROAD FROM THE SHOW SITE - We
will make sure that anyone needing a ride gets one

The Restaurant will be providing a Barbeque Buffet.  Food is EXCELLENT,
prices are very reasonable.  Details will be provided on Monday.

WHO IS INVITED:  All Showgsd-l Members and Guests are welcome.  This party
has always been a lot of fun - it is an opportunity to see old friends, make
new ones, have a great time, and do something to help Rescue besides -
please make sure to attend.

RESCUE RAFFLE

The List Party Rescue Raffle details are still evolving, and donations for
prizes to be raffled are still being collected.  Please donate something.
Mo Murkland (murk@xxxxxxxxxxx) is the handling donations.  Please contact
her if you have something you can donate.  Doggie items are super, stud
services and handling services are welcome, anything and everything that you
contribute adds to the fun.  EVERY PENNY RAISED GOES TO RESCUE

This year we had announced that all proceeds from the List Party / Rescue
Raffle are dedicated to Katrina / Rita Relief.  Linda Kury and Shirley
Briggs O'Brien have graciously agreed to assist in distribution via AGSRA.
Accordingly, all funds raised via the List Party Rescue Raffle will go
through AGSRA to the designated recipients on a "designated funds" basis:

The recipients which have been identified so far are:

*       The Gulf Coast Search & Rescue Team - Barbie Balyeat, GSDCA Search
and Rescue Chair (they lost much of their equipment in Katrina and the
aftermath)
*       Tampa Bay GSDC Rescue, Diane Roberts, Chair
*       The Bayou Kennel Club of Louisiana. Jeanne Marcovitz, President, Pat
Booker, Treasurer
*       The GSDC of Baton Rouge, LA c/o Linda Booker
*       The GSDC of Beaumont, TX, c/o Molly Snider, Secretary

List members suggestions of additional qualified donees are welcome (5013c
status is necessary, as is a correlation to Katrina / Rita GSD Rescue /
Relief)

As we have said repeatedly, for the List Management and Party Volunteers,
the Rescue Raffle has never been about 'turf' - it is about the dogs, and
helping them.  If there was ever any confusion in the past among
participants or contributors regarding what this raffle is about or who it
goes to, our objective is to clarify that now and forever:

IT IS, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ABOUT GSD RESCUE.  PERIOD.

For planning purposes, PLEASE LET US KNOW VIA EMAIL ASAP IF YOU ARE PLANNING
TO ATTEND.  We need to advise Troutman's of the lowest number of people to
expect, but more will be welcome.  No limit at the top end.

COME ONE, COME ALL

Margery Golant

mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx