[ SHOWGSD-L ] AN INTERESTING SCAM - TOTALLY OT

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:24:53 -0500

I got my phone bill online today and noticed it was $10 too high.

Then I noticed I was being charged for services from ILD teleservices via My
Billing Guys

I called the phone company (after 45 minutes on hold was told that I had to
call ILD Directly)
Seems I ordered an 800 number and voice mail VIA THE INTERNET (someone out thre
must be
angry with me and did this for spite!)

They were nice enough to remove the 2 months of charges (one on the next bill
that I ahve not
received yet)

Seems like someone used my name and phone number BUT AN INCORRECT EMAIL
ADDRESS and completed an online survey which came with this 800# service.

Of course I never was told about my new 800# and never given access to my
"VOICE MAIL" -
neither of which I ordered or wanted.

MORAL: Be careful completing any ON LINE SURVEYS
Doc Zoe
Wynsum http://wynsumgsd.com