[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AMROTT/ PWCCA Code of Ethics

  • From: "Rachel Anderson" <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:01:26 -0400

Hmmm, I read in the Corgi code it's OK to breed a female at 12 months, and
the Rotts say it is OK to withhold papers (by mutual consent) a practice
which the AKC frowns on (believing that every registerable pup should be
registered, full or limited) and that puppies can go to their new homes at 7
weeks, which violates my states laws (New Hampshire is 8 weeks)......so
these 3 items go against my personal practices.

Plus the Rottie folks mandate that imported dogs over 24 months with a
foreign hip rating must go get an OFA within 6 months...good grief.

So, Ginger has a point:
Ginger writes: " And just WHO determines what is "adequate and
appropriate"??  Is Ol Roy
kibble "appropriate"? A lot of people don't think so.  What is "appropriate"
grooming? A bath every week?? What is "appropriate" veterinary care (I am
not talking sick dogs)? Is someone giving their own vaccinations, worming,
etc.."appropriate"? Some would say no. What is "appropriate" housing?  There
are lots of people that think no dog should EVER be kenneled. So would
kennel dogs be "inappropriate. WHO decides these things?"

Rachel Anderson
Proud Blue Star Mom of PFC Aaron, USMC
http://aaronswoodsarabians.homestead.com
http://www.k9-workshop.com