[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ALL BY MYSELF.......SEPARATION ANXIETY

  • From: "Art & Giselda" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:16:55 -0800

http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/

Barbara,
Interesting article, as you might know, I to have a dog with major, major
separation anxiety.   She went nuts when I lost my old boy.  Not a fence
could keep her in, not a kennel, nothing, it was getting to the point that I
felt she needed to go to a new home that would be around her 24/7.  I had
simply had enough of her antics.  After a couple of months she did not
improve, I was actually taking her to work with me and leaving her in the
crate in the car so she would not kill herself at home.  My work was lenient
and understood and I would have to get her out for a potty break.  This was
proving to much stress for me.  We took her everywhere and she was with us
when we were not working but still, once she was in the kennel for us to go
to work, she went balistic.  Finally I ended up getting my addditon to the
family, Chic, and then Dixie settled immediately, now when we are away for
work, no problems.  I know she was really close to Rocket and when I had to
put him down, thats when it all began. But Chic has mellowed Dixie and now
its all good again.  The two of them are inseperable which is not good
either but thats the way it is.
Giselda