[ SHOWGSD-L ] ALERT-VIRGINIA - HB 1541 Action needed!

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:58:06 -0800

Word from Walt Hutchens, Pet-Law, (Walt allow ALL of his posts to be
cross posted) about VA HB 2482,  THIS is one of the FIRST bills that
rolls BACK some of the animal rights assaults.   Virginians, write
your legislator, Not in Virginia?? Cross post this to those you know
There.
Stormy

 From Walt Hutchens:
The word from the VA General Assembly this AM is that there is indeed
(there is no dignified word for this) a shit storm from HSUS and its
VA sock puppets over HB 1541 (farm animals standards) and HB 2482
(fixing some abusive companion animal enforcement). Phone calls and
emails of opposition are POURING in to the sponsor's office.

Virginians reading this: YOU MUST (if you have not already) send
Delegate Lee Ware, the sponsor of HB 2482, a note OR make a phone call
of appreciation for doing so. A sentence or two about why the bill is
badly needed would be helpful.

Now: Get a friend or three to do the same.

If you are outside Virginia, you might be able to help in either of
these two ways:

1. Contact friends or relatives in VA and ask them to do the above.
Give them a few words for their email if you think that would be
helpful.

2. If you've been targeted by actions similar to what we're seeing in
Virginia -- raids, seizures, and so on, based on nothing -- or if you
are living in fear because people you know have been, write and say
that although you're not a Virginian, you appreciate what he's doing.
As far as I know, Virginia is the first state to attempt to begin
rolling back the animal rights assault on the breeding of animals and
that's a bold and much appreciated step.

Contact info:

Delegate R. Lee Ware
email: DelLWare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: (804) 698-1065
Fax: (804) 698-6765

Fixing the mess the ARs made of our laws while we weren't paying
attention is going to be a challenge.

THANKS, gang.

Walt Hutchens
Timbreblue Whippets