[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC<>New Breeder of Merit Pilot Program

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:51:57 -0700

What are the positives and the negatives for those who breed, Gerald?

For some reason, it hit the group lists and I had never heard of it.

Storm

On Sep 16, 2010, at 6:44 PM, gsdshowman@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hello
The pilot program for the New Breeder of Merit Program has been closed
for some  time now. The program goes live Oct 4th 2010.

                                      Gerald

www.Geransgermanshepherd.com
www.mkaylastahr.com

New litter Born Aug, 20th 2010
3x Am Sel Purple Rain x
CH Geran's I did It My Way

In a message dated 9/16/2010 7:29:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  writes:
It says only intended for the recipient, but it's all over the group
lists, so here it is.
 From AKC
Hello,

We would like to invite you to participate in the pilot program
described
below. We have attached a new litter* registration form that we have
designed for this pilot program and hope that you will be as excited
about
this program as we are.

Please let us know if you are willing to participate and if you have any
questions, ideas or input as that is precisely why we have chosen you.
Please direct your questions to, Tina Yuhl - <mailto:txy@xxxxxxx>
txy@xxxxxxx or Mari-Beth O'Neill- <mailto:mbo@xxxxxxx> mbo@xxxxxxx,

Breeder of Merit Pilot Program

Thank you for participating in this exciting AKC pilot program.

This program is designed to recognize and pay tribute to the core
breeders
who are the heart of the AKC. The Breeder of Merit is the foundation
of our
organization, with the power to influence, guide and teach future
breeders,
exhibitors and all purebred dog owners. It is our hope that this pilot
and
potential new program will differentiate the Breeder of Merit.

For the purposes of this pilot program, the following requirements
must be
met by the Breeder of Merit:

* Has a history of involvement with AKC events, accomplishments
include earning Conformation, Companion, and/or Performance titles on
dogs
they have bred.

* Is a member of an AKC licensed club.

* Certifies that applicable health screens are performed on the sire
and dam as recommended by the Parent Club.

* Ensures that 100% of the puppies produced are AKC registered.

For the purposes of this pilot program, the Breeder of Merit is
afforded the
following benefits:

* Registration applications and Registration Certificates for dogs
bred by the Breeder of Merit bear a Breeder of Merit designation and
gold
border.

* Complimentary access to $20.00 value per month for free online
reports in the AKC online store.

* Access to the AKC Direct toll free number 800-252-5545, PIN 26000.

* Online Record support to ensure that your records are accurate,
complete and easily accessible.

* Breeder of Merit will receive a frameable certificate of
distinction.

* Free Online Breeder Classified listings along with a special Breeder
of Merit designation.

* Acknowledgement on a special page of the AKC website and in the AKC
Gazette.

* Free secondary transactions, to include duplicate registration
applications and certificates, revoke limited status applications, and
lease
notifications.

For the pilot we ask that you submit all AKC transactions via fax or
mail to
a designated mailbox - we will process all transactions for our
participants
on an expedited schedule.

American Kennel Club

Breeder of Merit Pilot

Attn: Tina Yuhl

P.O. Box 9000059

Raleigh, NC 27675

Phone: (919) 816-3932

Fax: (919) 816-3770

Please note that during the pilot phase of this program, we are only
able to
ensure that all applications and certificates bear the Breeder of Merit
distinctions when the transactions are processed manually via fax or
mail.
Online transactions will not include your Breeder of Merit title.

In addition to the traditional methods of registration, AKC has
developed
several cost-saving full litter registration options for our Breeders of
Merit to take advantage of, including:

Full Litter - This registration option allows breeders to individually
register all puppies in a litter to themselves at the time of litter
registration for a discounted price. The breeder may transfer
ownership to
the new owner as puppies are sold, ensuring that dogs you breed carry
your
kennel name and have been designated Full or Limited. Additionally, by
taking advantage of this option, breeders ensure that no subsequent
changes
can be made without their written consent.

Full Litter Offspring - This option gives breeders who have already
registered their litters with the AKC a second opportunity to
individually
register all the puppies in the litter to themselves at a discount while
enjoying the benefits listed above.

New*Full Litter PLUS-With this option, each puppy in the litter is
individually registered at the time of litter registration in the name
of
either the breeder or each puppy's new owner. The PLUS option allows new
puppy buyers to name their puppy after the breeder has completed the
registration process. AKC will contact the puppy buyers for the name.

New*Full Litter Offspring PLUS- This allows breeders to register all
puppies
in a litter after the litter registration in either the name of
breeder or
in the name of each puppy's new owner. The PLUS option allows new puppy
buyers to name their puppy after the breeder has completed the
registration
process. AKC will contact the puppy buyers for the name.

The goal of the Breeder of Merit program is to promote the fundamental
role
you play in the world of purebred dogs by paying tribute to the years of
commitment you have given to your breed and to the AKC. By working
together, we can make the Breeder of Merit program a success. If you
have
any questions, need any assistance, or would like to provide feedback,
please contact Tina Yuhl at 919-816-3932 or txy@xxxxxxxx

Tina Yuhl

American Kennel Club

Special Services

919 816-3932

txy@xxxxxxx

"This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed. Neither the AKC nor its writer authorizes you to disseminate,
distribute or publish this e-mail in any form." If you cannot see the
image
below, click "show images" in the yellow message bar. (For AOL users:
click
"always for this sender" in the message bar.)