[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC/Hunte site

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:50:11 -0800

----- >  Nothing anyone can say to me will make me like him, personally or
professionally, but knowledge is a good thing, if you can take it for what
it is.
>  Right now we still know very little about the entire history of this
> situation.
>  If that person is on the list and reading this, I would love for the list
> to get the entire history.
>  I doubt if it would sooth any of the more vocal anti-Hunte people.  I can
> assure all that it will not change my mind, but it would help me to
> understand how we got here.>  And I want to know with facts, how we got
> here.
>  Anyone else want the truth?
>  sheila

Hi Sheila....
Thank you!
Your point is certainly the focus of most of us. It is difficult, when
passions are so high, to be willing to see other pertinent facts. The human
race is so prone to make decisions that fit our emotions at a given moment
and then to reject anything else beyond that. That is just how we are made I
suppose. So, being willing to understand is extremely important right now,
or at any other crisis point in our lives.

I do know that our board is working on finding resolution. They are more
concerned with the unity of our membership and with doing the right thing
than we might think. I also know that they are in contact with Mr. Hunte and
that he is also concerned with the upheaval that has resulted. I am not
party to the discussions nor do I know what is being proposed. But I do know
that it is not just being left alone to "see if it will die down."

What is important is that we not do a 'loose/leave' and abandon the club at
this time. To do so is not 'fighting fair.' It's OK to disagree, to press
for resolution and to voice our opinion. That is how progress is made
sometimes.
Dave