[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC/Hunte site

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:49:35 -0800 (PST)

It is very clear that Hunte has no place in our club.  It is also clear that no
matter what the board was thinking after seeing his presentation, and what they
thought would or would not happen as a result of the vote that went Hunte's
way,  he would not be accepted by the membership and his status as a member
must be reversed.

  It is also clear, more and more, as I see it, that there is still a lot of
missing information about him.  I AM NOT SAYING ANYTHING WOULD CHANGE MY MIND.
He does not belong in the same group with us at all.

  But I will say we just don't know how it came to pass that he got GSD's from
otherwise very reputable breeders and people who have a great deal of influence
over our breed.  We still do not know what came first, the business or could it
be that he had some experiences with dogs that led him to want to start this
wholesale business.

  No, what he does does not in any way make me happy.  It should not exist at
all, but I need to know if he started wanting money and saw a way to make it,
or he saw situations worse than what he provides and thinks he is helping by
professing to and at least to some extent providing cleaner transport of dogs
from breeders to stores.

  AGAIN, I AM NOT SAYING IT IS GOOD, BUT WHAT CAME FIRST???????????

  For all we know at this time, he has been quitely showing in other breeder
for decades and it was not on our radar for whatever reason, and now that he is
in OUR breed we take notice and find that he is "not our kind of people" to say
the very least.

  This understanding of why he is in our fancy and wholesaling dogs would be
nice to know.  It could explain why Carmen and JM got involved with him in the
first place. And it might explain why we had more yes votes than no votes.

  Nothing anyone can say to me will make me like him, personally or
professionally, but knowledge is a good thing, if you can take it for what it
is.

  Right now we still know very little about the entire history of this
situation.

  I am waiting, patiently, for the board to open up about what transpired and I
would love to hear from those who know more of the history of events, going
back to the first GSD sold to him by the breeder.

  If that person is on the list and reading this, I would love for the list to
get the entire history.

  I doubt if it would sooth any of the more vocal anti-Hunte people.  I can
assure all that it will not change my mind, but it would help me to understand
how we got here.

  And I want to know with facts, how we got here.

  Anyone else want the truth?
  sheila
Sally <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Yup good GSDCA member