[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC speaks on Jr. Show

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Scharo777@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:26:49 -0500

That is NOT true at all! I went through this with my daughter and she was
NOT allowed to show her GSD at a show because there was a specialty too
close what Carolyn quoted was correct the dog must be eligible to compete in
conformation classes in order to compete in junior's at the same event.
Maybe the contact misunderstood the exact nature of your question because I
asked the very same question and was told NO she could not show her GSD. I
brought it to a discussion at my all breed KC and there was nothing we could
do about it. I also asked the specialty club to offer it and they were NOT
interested. They also were not interested in anything else either even new
members!
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://www.peakesbrookshepherds.com/