[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC spamming

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:29:03 EDT

Many of you received a communication on Friday form Lisa  Peterson of AKC
regarding the AKC's "Paws Fact."  This  communication was sent to tens of
thousands of addresses in the AKC  database.  It was, at best, disingenuous.  I
could
use other words,  but I will stop  there.
Yesterday, a second "Paws Fact" was delivered  which claimed PAWS  would not
have any effect on rescue.  I think that  has been fully  addressed here, and
on many other lists.  Obviously  the AKC is feeling the heat. This
self-serving disinformation must  stop!  Here is how YOU can have an immediate
effect
NOW!
This information constitutes commercial  e-mail.  It is pushing  a
political position which will have a direct  economic benefit to  the
American Kennel Club.  The advocates in the AKC have  acknowledged that there
has been a rise in other registries, and this is   obviously an attempt to
leverage market position.  Furthermore,   advocates have acknowledged publicly
that the AKC plans on sub-contracting   their inspection services thereby
deriving financial benefit from an  activity they are already doing without
compensation.  When  writing  your congressmen, I believe the appropriate term
for
this might be  boondoggle. I could think of other words, but they probably are
safe for  repeating in civilized company.   For now, THIS ACTION MUST BE  TAKEN.

1.) Complain to  the FTC that the AKC is spamming the  internet without
providing an "opt-out"  on each and every communication as  required by the Can
Spam Act of  2003.  You may do so by e-mailing the  FTC at _spam@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:spam@xxxxxxx) .
Send a copy to Noreen E. Baxter, VP of Communications at  the  AKC.  Her
e-mail is _neb@xxxxxxxx (mailto:neb@xxxxxxx)
2.) Send this *information*  to every list you are on and to those  PAWS
opponents in your personal  address book.

I believe that it is safe to assume that since Lisa Peterson  omitted
her telephone number from her second  correspondence, calls  yesterday from
her first abuse of the internet were not  encouraging. Shall  we show her how
upset we really are?  Stop this self-serving spin and  abuse.  Take these
actions TODAY.  For further information on the Can  Spam Act, the significance
of
non-compliance, and  the penalties  involved  see:
_http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm_
(http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm)

Ginger  Cleary, GA
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order  to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one." Benjamin  Franklin.
_http://www.rihadin.com_ (http://www.rihadin.com/)