[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC breeder of Merit - HEALTH REQUIREMENTS/CHIC

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 01:32:40 GMT

I have said it before, and I will say it again - I am disgusted with the
dumbing down of the CHIC.  This past year campaigning Harley (a first for me in
the "upper ranks" of the dog show world) has made me greatly disappointed in
some of the "biggies" and their apparent disregard for the health of our dogs.
I have long been aware of the disregard of temperament problems, but, not only
are some of these breeders/handlers/exhibitors/judges actively using and
promoting spooks, they are also actively using and promoting stud dogs with
SERIOUS genetic health problems.

I do know, and salute, many good breeders, but, the bad apples are the ones who
are causing the most damage.  Those bad apple's dogs, and their owners, DON'T
deserve such misery.

The CHIC should also require the DM dna test now, also, IMHO.  Let's make the
CHIC actually MEAN something special!!

Also, up the requirements of the Select Excellent Award as well as the AOE.  I
know several Select Excellent dogs/bitches who can't get the dumbed down CHIC
only because they can't get the GSDCA TC on their STUD dogs!!!!!!  Come on
people!!  This is the greatest breed and they are becoming weaker and weaker
each generation.

Paula, 132 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient, AKC
JAM/AOE, International & American Champion, Grand Champion Asgard Harley
Davidson v Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047 (Hips, Elbows,
Cardiac, & Thyroid), DNA tested clear of the long-coat factor, 2010 #1 GSD in
California, 2010 #1 Male GSD in the Country, 2010 #3 GSD in the Country, (AKC
Stats), 1st male German Shepherd Dog Grand Champion, 2011 Westminster Kennel
Club Dog Show Invitee.