[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC breeder of Merit

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:35:10 -0400 (EDT)

As far as I know, any GSD who reaches the age of 12, and belongs to a
member of the GSDCA, can become a member of the 13 club.  IT REUIRES NO  TITLES.

and I care a lot about coming a BREEDER OF MERIT.  So please don't  include
me in with the people who you think don't care.  and if the ARA  come a
knocking, others might care also.  Something needs to set us aside  as
Breeders, from Puppy Mill Breeders.  A distinction that is getting  harder and
harder to make.

Carol

In a message dated 5/18/2011 10:25:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Something is sent between the OFA and the AKC as to which dog has  been
tested for their TC. Once that has been accomplished, then the dog  receives
it's CHIC #.  That's the way it worked for my bitch.
I too  am totally appalled that the requirements for a CHIC were  lowered.
Especially when I make note of all the various dog's titles for  the 13
club.  I think it's important that a dog is tested for certain  items, but
one does not have to get carried away with it either.  Not  many people seem
to care about going for a Breeder of Merit award.  To  do all the various
tests take too much time and money.  But somewhere  in there, there needs to
be a happy medium and not hand out the CHIC # to  anything that comes down
the pike.  JMHO

Carolyn

On Wed,  May 18, 2011 at 4:40 AM, <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  That's true.  Personally I have a link on my site for questions to  ask
> when looking for a companion puppy.  I have to remember to  tweak it and
> include how to look up OVC, but you get the idea.   Basically when folks
>  call
> looking for a puppy and  someone has said they bred Billy to Sue, I tell
>  them to
>  get the registration name, # etc. and go to the appropriate web site  to
> verify.
>
> I think for BOM you don't need TC...that  isn't a health  screening.  But
> also think the PC send the  names to the OFA; I've never  cent copies of
> certs to OFA and  they show up.
>
> Is it me or is this starting to look like  alphabet soup?  I need my
second
> cup of  coffee....
>
> Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
> Celebrating  generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
> visit  _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_  (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)
>

> In a message dated  5/17/2011 7:55:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx  writes:
>
> I don't  believe CHIC has anything to do with  it.  The requirement is
that
> every dog be tested in accord with  parent club requirements......if the
> club
> doesn't have any  requirements, no health tests are  required.
> Besides...AKC never  checks on whether the tests were  done or
> not...........YOU  certify and THEY believe youl
> That's all  there is to  it.
>
> Peggy
>
> ----- Original Message ----- > In  a  message dated 5/17/11 3:30:30 PM
> Pacific
> Daylight  Time,
> >  Scharo777@xxxxxxx writes:
> > IT would   be the screenings required  for CHIC, which is Hips, Elbows,
>  and
> > Temperament, I  think...
> >
>  >

>  POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of  the
> original  author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO  REPRODUCTIONS or
> FORWARDS of
> any kind  are permitted  without prior permission of the original author
AND
> of
>  the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
> Each  Author is responsible  for the content of his/her post.  This  group
> and its administrators are  not responsible for the  comments or opinions
> expressed in any post.
>
> ALL   PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
>  MANNER  OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE  EXPRESS
> PERMISSION OF  ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS  A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
> BE
>  PROSECUTED.
>
> For assistance, please contact the List Management  at  admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR WEBSITE -  http://showgsd.org
>  NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

>  POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of  the
FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the  original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS  RESERVED.
>
> Each Author is responsible for the content of  his/her post.  This group
and
> its administrators are not  responsible for the comments or opinions
> expressed in any  post.
>
> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
> MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST  AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF  LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
BE
> PROSECUTED.
>
>  For assistance, please contact the List Management at  admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

> http://showgsd.org/mail.html
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

*Carolyn Putnam*
Fairwind - Supplies for the German Shepherd Dog  Exhibitor
Fairwind German Shepherd Dogs
GSDCA Thirteen Club  Chair