[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC and Carmen

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 23:06:27 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/2006 7:09:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I  respect Carmen, I just feel that his actions in this case were not in the
best interest of our club, which he represents. Do you remember our
discussions of this on the list prior to the AKC vote?
We were very  adamant, and incensed that the AKC would even consider this.

So, it  surprises me that he would vote for something like this, knowing how
we  felt.

We need to cut Carmen some slack. He has a hard job to do. He is an AKC
director, and also our delegate. When the GSDCA takes a position that Carmen
feels is not in the best interest of the AKC, he has to support the AKC.

Carmen has always been available to help anyone who needs that help, and I
have often called on him to divert a potential problem. He has always responded
 as best he can. But, we should never forget that he does have a duel role.

If you do have a question as to what he has done, or why he voted as  he did,
ask him. Carmen will always respond, and will take time to discuss any
issue. He has always been there for me when I have asked, and responded to each

inquiry.  But, I do know there are times when he can't take the position we
might like, and is forced to vote in a different direction.

I respect his situation, even if I often don't like it.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together