[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC and Biden pup

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:04:15 -0800

I agree with Laura;
This is a great opportunity to at least let the World and the Biden family know
there is a
GSDC of America and that we appreciate his choice of the perfect Breed.  <G>
I think the idea of the packet that is being discussed is a great idea and may
result in a
small window of opportunity to get our toe in the door before HSUS and the
Artista's start
applying pressure in Washington kicking the door down.
It may be of a small concern that the puppy is not from the world's most
perfect breeder
according to the AKC Reps.........but let's all hope and assume it will be a
great GSD and
a great representative for the Breed!!
The only real thing that concerns me with all this 'hype'  about our President
elect and Vice
President elect is that neither family had a pet nor seemed to have any time or
desire for
one in their life until the Press began to pressure them about  a "White House
Pet".
If the 'First Family' comes to the White House WITH a pet already .....it
always makes me
a lot more comfortable with this ritual of media frenzy.
My only hope is that this story has a great ending for the German Shepherd Dog
Breed and
this new puppy full of promise.
It sure didn't end that good for BUDDY with a family that had not had a dog
until it became
"expected"  of them.   I think it just became an additional job for the Secret
Service.....so lets
take a deep breath and try to do right by this new puppy and new puppy
owner...... and nicely
congratulate them and send them a nice informative packet about the greatest
Breed in the
world and at least make them aware that this  GSDCA, Inc.  exists.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com