[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Still Invisible

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: barbmarkh@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:48:03 -0400

I have to agree that AKC has missed the boat again...as it continues to
do with anything that isn't likely to bring in any money.
   Nevertheless, while we all know that PETA and the HSUS are our worst
enemies...but let's not miss the fact that there are going to
be times when we are on the same side.  This is one of those times.
          About all we can do is write to the AKC, call, fax,
email...bitch like mad, and have the AKC do something!  Take a
position...anything!
Pitbulls are not an AKC breed...that's no excuse...AmStaffs, Staffords,
Bullterriers, and often, many other breeds, have to bear the brunt of
this kind
of bad public image....when Animal Control people can't tell the
difference between a pitbull and a Boston Terrier or Boxer...yes, I
agree...it is WAY
past the time for the AKC to step in!
          However...I caution you...don't hold your breath!
Peggy