[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Show Requirements.

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:16:04 -0400

That's interesting!  I remember when it was 25 miles!
    None of this is to say that members can't live outside of the
territory...but as I recall, the majority of the members must live
within a certain radius of the club address....and that would be the
club's territory.

         All the rules about these things were written back in the day,
you know...there weren't as many clubs, not as many dogs, and not as
many people, either.  The AKC doesn't consider things like
traffic...just simple lines drawn with a compass, apparently.  Nowadays
there are more clubs approved with what would seem to be encroaching or
overlapping territories than there used to be...........and just look at
cluster shows-- the territories for some of the clubs within the cluster
probably overlap like crazy!
        Peggy