[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Shipping Policy Change & import/USA

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "AA GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:43:55 -0600

TNX for your thoughtful response BUT not sure how old you are or how long
you've been doing "it all"
S.&R., K9, working dog sport, tracking, herding, obedience and/or other
venues and/or "show" ---
I never had an import dog up close in the lines I used in my breeding
program except the first bitch I had.
AND I was very pleased at what I did with the my program because I used
U.S.of A. dogs after she died
at 15 yrs. of age.  Yes they did it all and some were true heroes beyond
reason.  Like I've said for some
ailments, bloat in particular, what and when you do what you do in the daily
care is what counts, though the
genes have a lot to do with stuff, but it's the same with all breeds.
English Bulldogs are expensive because
most all of them begin with a C section because of the facial build of the
dam.  I NEVER had a bloat case
in my 40 some years of breeding, showing, training and boarding of all
kinds, even horses, though I did have
a couple cases of colic but they were not fatal ones.     If you study hard
and long enough you can come up
with some superb GSDs in our country.  Sorry to disagree with you, but I
just happen to feel that experience
is a good teacher. OK I'll go back to lurking and hope I'm not opening up a
can of you
                            know what since this REALLY IS MY OWN HUMBLE
OPINION!  TNX   Norma no L