[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Registration and GSDCA Flier and the Review

  • From: "Joan Fox" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx" <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 03:16:41 +0000 (UTC)

Read and reread the verbiage of the proposed changes to the flyer.No where does
it state we would have a white dog on it. So it appears that the vote was taken
on incorrect information. The proposed changes should have been presented to
the BOD by Mr. Tank.
 Joan F. Fox17500 Haskins Rd.Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023tel:
440-759-4119http://www.campaignersgsds.com

     On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:54 PM, Cyndi Flautt
<caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Exactly Kathy... And I would wager that there is not another parent club out
there with pictures of dogs with DQ's on their brochures.  ~Cyndi
Sent from my iPhone
On Dec 31, 2014, at 7:31 PM, (Redacted sender "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it too much trouble to ask that a dog w/o a DQ be on a flyer sent to
potential new members?  We probably ALL started with dogs that were "not
exactly".  The idea is to be inspired by greatness, not mediocrity, to see a
dog and say, "WOW one day I'd like to breed/own one like that", not scratch
your head and say "wait...isn't that a disqualification"? Kathy, member GSDCA,
DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/  In a message dated 12/31/2014 4:01:19 P.M.
Eastern Standard Time, tanksr@xxxxxxxxx writes:
 While the GSDCA is the guardian of the GSD Standard here, we need to remember
that those of us who exhibit in conformation are a very small group. The flyer
is aimed at encouraging everyone who has a GSD with the hope they may want to
become involved in a club that welcomes them to pursue whatever type of
competition they enjoy.
 I started with a bitch who, while well bred, was not good enough to finish so
I went on to obedience and then got a good dog because people encouraged me. To
be honest if this list existed then and I read some of the comments and
witnessed the feeding frenzy of the few who just seem to always look to
disparage those who volunteer to help, I probably would never have pursued
conformation.
 If we aimed the brochure at the small group of conformation exhibitors it
would not do much to encourage anyone to join the GSDCA. This was done 2 years
ago? All BOD members and committee members received a copy and it passed
unanimously. Maybe those who are suddenly appalled should read the minutes.
 Our conformation shows are shrinking. Why not use all this energy for
something positive like encouraging people to become involved in our sport or
fighting anti-breeder legislation that threatens our sport?
 Hope you all have a great New Year.
 Ken Tank

 On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:06 AM, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 the Dr. And I agree on this one. While I understand the objections to the
white obedience GSD on the flier, the flier is aimed at NEW PUPPY owners! I'd
bet that 95 % of these dogs will never enter and compete at a serious level in
conformation! The flier is clearly directed towards folks that are not club
members. I would have NOT used the white dog in the flier but based on who the
intended audience is I don't have a problem with it!  Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App