[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Registration and GSDCA Flier and the Review

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tanksr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:31:44 -0500

Is it too much trouble to ask that a dog w/o a DQ be on a flyer sent to
potential new members?

We probably ALL started with dogs that were "not exactly".

The idea is to be inspired by greatness, not mediocrity, to see a dog and
say, "WOW one day I'd like to breed/own one like that", not scratch your
head  and say "wait...isn't that a disqualification"?

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 12/31/2014 4:01:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tanksr@xxxxxxxxx writes:

While the GSDCA is the guardian of the GSD Standard here, we need  to
remember that those of us who exhibit in conformation are a very small  group.
The flyer is aimed at encouraging everyone who has a GSD with the hope  they
may want to become involved in a club that welcomes them to pursue  whatever
type of competition they enjoy.

I started with a bitch who, while well bred, was not good enough to  finish
so I went on to obedience and then got a good dog because people
encouraged me. To be honest if this list existed then and I read some of the
comments and witnessed the feeding frenzy of the few who just seem to always
look
to disparage those who volunteer to help, I probably would never have
pursued conformation.

If we aimed the brochure at the small group of conformation exhibitors it
would not do much to encourage anyone to join the GSDCA. This was done 2
years  ago? All BOD members and committee members received a copy and it passed
 unanimously. Maybe those who are suddenly appalled should read the
minutes.

Our conformation shows are shrinking. Why not use all this energy for
something positive like encouraging people to become involved in our sport or
fighting anti-breeder legislation that threatens our sport?

Hope you all have a great New Year.

Ken Tank

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:06 AM, <_edwinx@comcast.net_
(mailto:edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

the Dr. And I agree on this one. While I  understand the objections to the
white obedience GSD on the flier, the flier  is aimed at NEW PUPPY owners!
I'd bet that 95 % of these dogs will never  enter and compete at a serious
level in conformation! The flier is clearly  directed towards folks that are
not club members. I would have NOT used the  white dog in the flier but based
on who the intended audience is I don't  have a problem with it!  Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile  App