[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Policy

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:26:15 -0700

  I asked Carmen what the AKC Policy was about an AKC Board of Director showing
a dog.  He told he that as a member of the AKC Board of Directors he could
breed and show dogs to their championships. However, he could NOT heavily
campaign a dog towards one of the top awards like Top Ten herding.  So AKC does
let their board members and employees show dogs.  Interesting huh?

  I guess this means you can play...you juz can't play hard enough to win.

  I do however, remember problems with an editor of the Review that had
"nothing to do with showing dogs"...but were very, very, serious.

  Paul