[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Piebald and Panda colors?

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 09:14:59 -0700 (PDT)

The Panda's grandparents were not DNA'd though.  What
color are the Piebalds registered white or black?

I will wait to see if the Panda is white or black
registered to hear back from you.

As Dr Neff after he left UC Davis put out a very
interesting article on this.

Theresa

 Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Piebald and Panda colors?
 To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Monday, October 28, 2013, 11:56 AM

 The Panda puppies were DNAed.
 Cindy DNAed the mom, the puppies, and the owner of the sire,
 DNAed him.   Parentage was proven.

 You do realize the color codes on GSD applications are
 not the ONLY color codes permitted?  Those are the
 codes used most often.  White (199) use to have to be
 written in on the papers.

 I will ask Cindy what color codes she uses for her
 Panda colors, and let you know.

 Barb Hively - PA

 DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German
 Shepherd

Not the grandparents as which are they registered as white or black in color?

 Theresa

 -----Original
 Message-----

  Date: Monday, October 28, 2013, 11:06 AM

  Because  they ARE German
  Shepherds.  Any offspring of two AKC registered dogs,
  of the same breed, are eligible for AKC registration.
  Unless, one or both parents are LIMITED registered.