[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC, Long Beach, etc.

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 17:01:23 -0400

AKC is denying that it withdrew its opposition to AB 1634...well, let's
see.  They are still unwilling to say that the Eukanuba show won't be
held in Long Beach...
so what are you going to believe?

   Also...from the Judges list, is this statement (which I received
privately, too, so don't mind crossposting)...

It seems that AKC bought the amendment re: Show/Performance Dog
Exemption(for $$$) from the MSN requirement.  However, that exemption
dies on Jan 1, 2009. It would seem that the Invitational would be "ok"
in Long Beach for the 2007 and 2008 years, but, on Jan 2, 2009, there
would be "knocks on the doors" of those who have the expemtion,
requiring the surrender of the animals to be spayed/neutered.
The City of Los Angeles HAD a "Hobby Breeders" license years ago; you
could have up to 7 dogs(not the 3 now)and breed 1-2 litters a year.
They suddenly discontinued that license, and went door knocking to "pick
up" the extra dogs.  Check the old AKXC Gazettes from the 1970s- the
Boston Terrier Breed column written by Charles and Donia Cline(both judges),
she put that in her column.  We learn slowly, but we learn. We can't
trust the City/County/State re: animal licensing/limits and
regulations.  Even Legal, Licensed kennels are at risk; licenses can be
revoked by the community at will.