[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Litter Reg

  • From: Becky McElroy <zarniwoop1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:56:12 -0800 (PST)

For what it's worth, I'm having a problem concerning a
co-owned bitch of another breed who was bred without
my permission (multiple breaches of contract).  I've
contacted the AKC several times about it, and the
latest that I've gotten is to keep calling, and wait
until they try to register the litter.

In another case, I also have registered online a
litter with co-owners on the dam.  You certify by
clicking a button that you have the express permission
of all co-owners to register the litter.  On that
litter I just had to mail the individual apps all over
the country for the co-owners signatures before the
pups could be registered unless I wanted them
individually registered in all the co-owners' names.

I am concerned whether the AKC will step in when (not
if) this idiot co-owner (I'm an idiot for selling her
a dog on co-ownership, I admit!) forges my signature.
I'm prepared to sue if necessary, but I certainly will
work to prevent this from happening in the
future...somehow.  I supposed limited registration is
the only way to go when selling to folks you don't
know, but that doesn't stop them from registering with
Continental or APR or some such junk.

Becky McElroy
Calhan, CO

http://mail.yahoo.com