[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Judging policy change

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:38:06 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/2006 6:31:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Think  how it is affecting the
future of the sport of dogs and trust that this AKC  policy DOES affect
you now.

The AKC does make the rules, and we can chose to follow them or  not.
However, if we want to work within their venue, we have to accept  their rules,
no
matter how much we do or do not agree with them.

I just spent two days and about 100  hours conducting a Trial Board, and
working with my two assistants to hold  a hearing.  We had about ten witnesses,
perhaps a couple of dozen  documents, and testimony over 16 hours.  We decided
against the AKC, and so  they went ahead and suspended the accused anyway.

While the hearing decision is private, the person who disagreed with the
majority was allowed to put  his decision in the final order, (that was  my
decision).  In violation of AKC rules, he published that portion  of the
decision
in public.  I have decided to follow the AKC rules and  keep the part of the
opinion finding against the AKC private.

I don't know what the AKC is going to do about my fellow judge who violated
their rules, but I will continue to follow them.

I agreed to follow the rules when they appointed me head of a Trial Board,
and unless I decide to resign, I will do so.  If I want to judge other  venues,
I will resign my judges license.  Other than that, I will honor my
commitment.

It is a personal decision, and each person must decide how they conduct
their lives.  With or without honor.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/