[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Delegate Meeting and Realingment

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:47:42 -0400

Hi Everyone;
I just returned from two days at the Delegates Meeting. The Breed Realignment
was postpone until March of 2010. The reason for the postponement was that the
Siberian and Malamutes Parent Clubs now have objections to being placed in the
Northern Group.

At the General Forum yesterday, after everyone was told that the Board had
withdrawn the vote, Tom Davis told the Delegates, that the Board could not
withdraw the vote after reviewing procedures and asked the Delegates to make a
motion today to postponed the
vote until March of 2010.

There was much discussion and questions and answers in regard to this matter.
Some very legitimate and some just ridiculous,
so this morning at the meeting a motion was made a seconded to postponed the
vote until March and have the Board review the
Realignment. The Board of AKC is the ultimate ones who will decide which breeds
go where not the Delegate body.

My AB Club is in total support of the realignment, this was after I did a
program for them in June and gave them all the material
that had been given to the Delegates in this matter. They had time until our
August meeting to review the material and then tell me
had they wanted me to vote. I had already known at the time the the vote might
be split into four separate votes and I had their approval
for all.

One of the biggest problems facing us now is change. We are not the elitist
group of years gone by, but many of the Delegates can not see that we most move
forward in a changing world.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx