[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Chairman's Report - November, 2009

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 05:55:27 -0800 (PST)

We are offering mixed breed classes at our free standing obedience, rally and
agility trials - we feel it is a way to get the person who wants to join in the
sport a chance to come and get involved. We support responsible dog ownership
and these are dog owners. We also feel that if the mixed breed owner gets a
chance to see us and our dogs in a positive light, there is a good chance to
get them involved in purebred dogs.
Of course we are not discounting the fact that we might well pick up additional
entries and that would make our specialty events better funded.
Ruth