[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Chairman's June Report

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:36:57 -0400

This is already out of date, since Menaker and Co. have announced that
there is not sufficient time to pull the Eukanuba show
this year, regardless of the status of the bill...and after this year,
they will consider what to do.  Duh...!
   I was told this morning that Eukanuba will not sponsor the show after
this year, either...so in addition to looking for a
new site, AKC might be looking for a new sponsor.
       They tell us to fight the legislation, and they SAY they are
behind us...but when push comes to shove, business before constituents (dogs
and dog owners) and they will return to Long Beach this year.  Long
Beach -- where the Assembly members sold us out...Long Beach,
which has had long standing unfriendly to breeders laws, albeit
unenforced...and now, who cares?  Pass any laws you like...AKC will be
there!

    We are on our own, people.  AKC is obviously not in this fight
seriously.  What a crock!  As for putting all hands on deck, where was Ron
Menaker during the recent hearings?  Not in California..........he COULD
HAVE made an impression, instead of sending letters full of baloney...
none of which were meant to be taken seriously, obviously.  Participate
in dog ownership day while you can, people...the end of THAT is nearer
every day!

Peggy