[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Breeder-2-Breeder /state of affairs IMO

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:27:40 -0800

I actually do not agree with that.....because it would just be MORE
'legislation'  and someone telling us what and who we can and cannot
show our dogs under.
Our National judges are VOTED for.   If the members, exhibitors,
breeders, want the same judges over and over....they are the ones that
know who they want to show their dogs under.
If you want a different judge...NOMINATE them under the rules of
how they qualify.....then let the people VOTE!

Remember...there are judges you will drive or fly to show under and
some you will not exhibit under in your own back yard.  If we HAD to
go through every single AKC GSD Judge that ever got their license...
just BECAUSE it was a rule..and they were licensed...
I cannot see that working............<G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From:  On Behalf Of edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx

These are some of the things I begged our parent club to do! About ten years

ago while attending the winter shows in Chicago, the hotel I was staying at
was hosting the National Racing Pigeon Seminar! I walked in, grabbed a
donut,
sat down and listened to the speaker for a few minutes! Later that same
night at the Chicago show I approached a Long time board member with the
ideaof our club doing something like this! He/she said no one would come!
What a great attitude! Not trying to bad mouth the club, cuz I've been a
member for the most part of the last 30 years! we finally got streaming
videoafter years of members like Evan and a few others begging for this.
Thenwe took a big step backwards and didn't have it this year, but we
sponsored the Working trials! I know this post sounds like sour grapes cuz
mydivorce from the club becomes final on Dec 31, but I believe every club
needs members that don't always go with "flow" members that are not afraid
tospeak up for positive CHANGE and new creative ideas and programs! How
aboutthose Raiders!   FB
Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App